Tuesday, July 1, 2008

BFP!!!!

After what seems like an eternity, but in reality was only three months, I finally got my much wanted BFP (big fat positive)! See pics:
Photobucket


So funny story really. We went camping over the weekend and I wasn't sure that I could wait to test until we got back, because I knew that if I was pregnant, it would show up on a test. Soooo, I brought two tests with me. On Saturday, June 28th at 6:30am (the birds woke me up), I went to the stinky outhouse and peed on a stick. I really truly did not think it would be positive, but the faintest line came up. I knew a line was a line, but still didn't believe it. I then proceeded to go into Pam's tent, wake her up, and stick my test in her face. She agreed that there were two lines. Then I went into our tent and woke up Rob and shoved the test in his face, but I'm not sure what he really saw, since he wasn't wearing his contacts. Needless to say, once he figured out what was going on, he was very excited.

So we'll see how insane I become during this pregnancy. I am scared sh*tless, to say the least. I am going to try and be more laidback, which most of you know is not natural for me, but I think that I am already making great strides (see sidebar for new birth plan). If you saw my old birth plan, you would be amazed.

Some things that I have learned:
-Once you hit 12 weeks, you are not in the clear!
-You have no control over what happens and stressing does not change anything.
-Stop and take a breath every once in awhile.
-Prayer works.

No comments: