Friday, October 31, 2008

10/31 Update

Not much news to report today, which is good. Rob and I met with Dr. K last night, after we made our decision. It's funny because option C was never even given to us, but when we told him that is what we were going to do, he seemed to think that it sounded good and went on to tell us how aggressive they would be with treatment. He didn't sugar coat anything though and made it clear that I would get an infection, it was just a matter of when. It's just strange how he seemed to change his tune a little. The nurses are all pulling for us too and seemed very happy with the decision we made. Today went by fast, so now we're just another day closer to the steroid shots. 9 days away, in fact. Stay away infection!

Baby A does worry me a little though, because she is so low! Over the last few days, they keep finding her heartrate lower and lower. It's about as low as it could possibly be. We know she's still breech, but I'm not sure if she's butt down or feet down. I feel more pressure on my bladder too, so I know she is right there, itching to get out. I wish she would just move up a little.

I also wanted to say that Rob and I are truly touched by all of the comments you have all left and we definitely feel your prayers. We just want to say thank you to all of our friends, family, the BBC ladies, and all of the strangers that have taken the time to read the blog and pray for us. I know God is listening.

11 comments:

Marissa said...

Jenell we are praying for you, the babies and all your family! Another day has gone by and I am wishing and praying for many more! We care so much about you and your family!

Marissa

greenfrogblog said...

We're in this with you guys. You're in our prayers and thoughts all day long. God be merciful! Ps 50:15 is my favorite verse if you're looking for something to read!

Jenny said...

Hang in there guys. Love you and praying for you!

Beth said...

I don't know you, but I found you from the BBC. I also lost a baby - she was 24 weeks. (She died in utero - we don't know why. I just didn't want you to think that she couldn't have survived at 24 weeks, because I think she probably could have.) Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that your story has really touched me and I am praying for you. You guys have had to make some really difficult choices!! Your babies have wonderful parents who love them so much.

Allison (Dashiell's Mom) said...

Jenell & Rob,

THank you for posting the update. You've been on my mind constantly. I had a dream last night that 2 healthy girls were born alive and healthy. They were very little, but alive & helthy. I'm praying that this dream comes true! You made it to November. I'm really hoping that you make it to December, too!!!
Allison

Tiffany said...

Jenell,
Praying for you and your family. You are constantly on my mind. Keep positive thoughts for those babies who are fighters. Your decision C is the best one you could have made. Each day is one day closer.

Anonymous said...

I don't know you, but I have friends that do. My husband and I are praying for you and your little ones!
Love, The Suns

The Payne Family said...

if you could just hold up for 4 more weeks, my sister gave birth to twins at 25 weeks....I am so sorry that you are going through this....I pray each and every night for you Janell
Kristine, from BBC

Liz said...

Jenell - Just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you and the girls (and Rob) and sending you good vibes for a good outcome. You have such a strong spirit which you are sharing with those little ones. I think you guys made the right choice.
Wishing you Peace and sending you gentle hugs,
Liz

Pamela said...

You're doing so well and staying strong. Keep it up. 8 more days now. We are all praying and thinking of you guys. Its amazing the number of prayers. You have so many people who love you.

Amy Peterson said...

9 days away!!! It's so close!! Keep up the good work mommma!!! You can do this!! Love you!!!