Well, another day down. I've been leaking amniotic fluid since I've been here, but it's possible that my water broke last night. It's hard to say because I was asleep and didn't feel a gush, so just don't know for sure and they just gauge it by how much has leaked out. They can't do any internal exams because if the bag is still there, it will rupture, so not sure if I'm dialated more than the 3cm from yesterday. Still no contractions though, which is good. They are already treating me as if my water broke since I've been here and they won't change treatment either way. I'm on antibiotics to keep infection away and on meds to keep contractions away. Other than that, we wait.
I got my own room yesterday (big yay!), but my roomate's water broke at 18 weeks and is still here and is now 25 weeks, so it can happen! My peri also told me the longest he's seen is a water break at 21 weeks and she didn't deliver until 35 weeks. Another story of hope for me. I'll be 24 weeks Nov 16th, so that is my minimum goal...just three weeks away. My hospital is supposed to have one of best NICU's in northern CA as well, so I'm in the right spot.