Just wanted to update you all on what is going on right now. I took a turn for the worse on Saturday and am on strict bedrest at the hospital. Saturday morning, I went to the bathroom and felt my bag of water coming out! I immediately rushed to the hospital. I am in a hospital bed with the feet up and head down to take the pressure off. They did an ultrasound and could see the bag of waters coming through the cervix, which meant I had to be a little dialated, but not really enough to show much on the u/s. They are giving me meds to try and reduce the amniotic fluid in the hopes that the bag will go back and and they can give me a cerclage (they stitch the cervix closed).
Well, another u/s today revealed that I am now 3cm dialated and the bag of waters is coming out even more, which is not good. This means that I cannot get the cerclage. I am having no contractions, which is good, but am still dialating. Now it is just a waiting game to see when my water breaks. I am currently 21 weeks and if I deliver anytime before 24 weeks, there is no chance that they will survive. There are so many scenarios on what could happen and when, so we really just have no idea what could happen. Obviously, we could lose one or both of our little girls. Once I get to 24 weeks, they will give me steroids to help develop the babies lungs to increase their chance of survival. If we can just make it 3 more weeks, they have a chance!
Rob and I are scared, but hanging in there. Obviously we do not want 3 baby girls in heaven...we want to raise these 2 on earth! We really do appreciate all of your prayers and support. I have no idea what is going to happen, but I do feel a sense of peace right now and that can only come from God at a time like this. I know He hears all of our prayers. I know that God can grant us a miracle and that we can bring these girls home.